January 21, 2010

Good Enough For Me

I've been in love with Starbucks for a very long time ~ everyone who knows me knows this. If it were possible to marry Starbucks I might even consider it, but then I'd have to move to Utah, so maybe not.

But seriously, I believe their coffee is roasted to perfection, their cups for sale are distinctive, very cool and always changing, and they put neat little sayings on the sides of their to-go cups instead of dumb marketing jargon that doesn't mean anything.  They call these sayings The Way I See It, and here's an example:


{Just in case you can't read that:}

The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. On occasion some may be correct. But do not do their work for them. Seek any job; ask anyone out; pursue any goal. Don't take it personally when they say "no" - they may not be smart enough to say "yes"."

- Keith Olbermann

Now, as if the drink inside the cup isn't enough to perk you up, don't those words just make your day, inspire you to live your very best life, motivate you to say "I can!"?  They do me.

Forget the naysayers, they are just average people who maybe have just forgotten how to dream.  I love it, "pursue any dream"!  Besides, who wants to be average?

I think I'll grab me another cuppa SB just to reward their smart marketing. And, because I'm madly in love.

Good enough,
Cheryl

7 comments:

  1. Ya, I would marry Starbucks too, glad you admitted that first! Great quote! Dang right we can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's just better not to restate what is stated so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have bad news for you if you marry Starbucks....you can't move to Utah because they only have a handful of Starbuck stores.

    I love them too....but never go because the 30 minute drive is too long for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Connie Darn. I will just have to be content with a love affair on the side then I guess. Yah, 30 minutes for Starbucks is a stretch. You could brew it at home tho. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely understand the love affair with SB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The news I've heard about them this week isn't too good, but their coffee rocks!

    ReplyDelete