March 5, 2010

Almond Butter

I love a simple recipe.

I love it even more when the food being prepared is a healthy alternative to another food that I also love.

Such is the case with Almond Butter. You won't believe how easy it is.

What You Need:
  • 2 cups of raw almonds
  • healthy oil (olive, grapeseed)
  • salt to taste
  • food processor
What You Do:
  • Put almonds in food processor and turn to High.
  • Continue working really hard at watching the food processor do all the work.
  • The oils in the nuts will release, turning this dry and dusty substance into smooth and creamy. This can take up to 10 minutes.
  • Drizzle oil into the smooth and creamy until desired thickness/thinness is achieved.
  • Salt (optional)
  • Store unused portion in an air-tight container in the fridge.
What You Get:

**** Healthy, homemade Almond Butter! *****

I told you it was easy!

Now, what would you spread it on?

Bon appetit,
Cheryl

5 comments:

  1. What a cook recipe!! I'll keep you posted if I try it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had almond butter but I love almonds....gonna have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds fun. I know it seems crazy but I don't have a processor. I have a juicer, blender, but no processor. Sounds tasty! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first time I made this, I was sure MY almonds were not going to turn into "butter"...but they did! @Heidi, if your blender is pretty powerful, it should work in there too. :)

    ReplyDelete