I love it even more when the food being prepared is a healthy alternative to another food that I also love.
Such is the case with Almond Butter. You won't believe how easy it is.
What You Need:
- 2 cups of raw almonds
- healthy oil (olive, grapeseed)
- salt to taste
- food processor
- Put almonds in food processor and turn to High.
- Continue working really hard at watching the food processor do all the work.
- The oils in the nuts will release, turning this dry and dusty substance into smooth and creamy. This can take up to 10 minutes.
- Drizzle oil into the smooth and creamy until desired thickness/thinness is achieved.
- Salt (optional)
- Store unused portion in an air-tight container in the fridge.
**** Healthy, homemade Almond Butter! *****
I told you it was easy!
Now, what would you spread it on?