April 5, 2010

The Foundation of My Life



Can it be said any more beautifully than this?

Could we with ink the ocean fill
And were the sky of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill
And every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry!
Nor could the scroll contain the whole
Though stretched from sky to sky.

The love of God!
How rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!
It shall forevermore endure
The saints and angels song!

This love grounds me, gives me hope, motivates me to keep going, strengthens me at my weakest moments and cheers me when I'm down. Describing how God loving me does all this....honestly I don't know.  All I know is that every morning when I open my eyes, the Maker of the universe has His eye on me. Me!

Amazing.

Cheryl

3 comments:

  1. Yay, beautiful, supurb!! Isn't our Savior amazing in all he plans and creates and still loves us more than anything!! I needed to see this before I hit the hay.. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely said! He is awesome! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stupendous, superb, glorious, deep, constant, breathtaking, exquisite, magnificent, matchless, splendiferous!!!

    ReplyDelete